We love chicken around here. Often I will buy a whole rotisserie chicken, use a few pieces for dinner and the leftovers I will turn into my favorite, chicken salad. But sometimes I purchase the entire chicken just for the salad! #yum
Mainly, I love it as a sandwich on a ciabatta roll or a croissant. But a lot of times I will eat it with pita chips as a snack. It is the perfect lunch meal or even a party food. Simple, quick, cheap and delicious. This particular recipe has something that I don’t typically add to my salad, poultry seasoning, and lemon juice. But these two combined with standard chicken salad ingredients, take this dish to another level.
- 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken breasts
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 1½ cups cubed Swiss cheese
- 1½ cups halved red grapes
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, toss all of your ingredients and mix until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap or transfer to a plastic container.
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving.