Soup season is here! I’m always looking of new quick soup recipes for those nights that we are running kids around, what about you? A quick soup is great to make and leave warming…especially when you have people eating at different times.
My family loves this taco soup because it tastes amazing and I love it because of the simplicity. It’s packed with a ton of flavor and covers most of the food groups. So you can have it as a stand alone meal or add other things too it.
- 1 pound of ground beef or turkey
- ½ diced onion
- 28 oz can of undrained diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can of drained corn
- 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 15 oz can of black beans
- packet of taco seasoning
- 2 cups of water
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Brown ground meat in a medium size pot until crumbly, then drain the grease.
- Add the chopped onion, sauté until softened.
- Add the remaining ingredients. (Use 1½- 2 cups of water, depending on the consistency of the soup.)
- Cook in pot until boiling. In a crockpot cook on high for 1 hour and on low for 4 hours.
- Serve with avocados, sour cream or cheese topping. (You could also crumbled tortilla chips.)